Personality Disorders Treatment in Delhi
Personality disorders are a group of psychiatric conditions in which a person’s long-term (chronic) behaviors, emotions and thoughts are very different from their culture’s expectations and cause serious problems with relationships and work. Personality Disorders are mental illnesses that share several unique qualities. They contain symptoms that are enduring and play a major role in most, if not all, aspects of the person’s life. While many disorders vacillate in terms of symptom presence and intensity, personality disorders typically remain relatively constant.
Mental Health Professionals Categorize These Disorders Into the Following Types :
- Antisocial personality disorder : Antisocial personality disorder is a mental health condition in which a person has a long-term pattern of manipulating, exploiting or violating the rights of others. This behavior is often criminal.
- Avoidant personality disorder : Avoidant personality disorder is a mental health condition in which a person has a lifelong pattern of feeling very shy, inadequate and sensitive to rejection.
- Borderline personality disorder : Borderline personality disorder is a condition in which people have long-term patterns of unstable or turbulent emotions, such as feelings about themselves and others. These inner experiences often cause them to take impulsive actions and have chaotic relationships.
- Dependent personality disorder : Dependent personality disorder is a long-term (chronic) condition in which people depend too much on others to meet their emotional and physical needs.
- Histrionic personality disorder :Histrionic personality disorder is a condition in which people act in a very emotional and dramatic way that draws attention to themselves.
- Narcissistic personality disorder : Narcissistic personality disorder is a condition in which people have an inflated sense of self-importance and an extreme preoccupation with themselves.
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder : Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) is a condition in which a person is preoccupied with rules, orderliness and control.
- Paranoid personality disorder : Paranoid personality disorder is a psychiatric condition in which a person has a long-term distrust and suspicion of others, but does not have a full-blown psychotic disorder such as schizophrenia.
- Schizoid personality disorder : Schizoid personality disorder is a psychiatric condition in which a person has a lifelong pattern of indifference to others and social isolation.
- Schizotypal personality disorder : Schizotypal personality disorder is a mental health condition in which a person has trouble with relationships and disturbances in thought patterns, appearance, and behavior.
There are numerous possible causes of mental disorders and they may vary depending on the disorder and the individual and their circumstances. There may be genetic dispositions as well as particular life experiences, which may or may not include particular incidents of trauma or abuse. The causes of antisocial Personality Disorders Treatment in delhi are unknown. Genetic factors and child abuse are believed to contribute to the development of this condition. People with an antisocial or alcoholic parent are at increased risk. Far more men than women are affected. The condition is common in people who are in prison.